Do you know how a bat catches bugs in the dark? Well, bats use echolocation to find food.
How they do it is like this. A bat makes a high pitched sound that people can't hear unless they have some
hearing thing. The bats make that sound and when the call hits a bug the sound bounces back to the bat
and the bat knows where the bug is. Bats can recognize their own call so they don't get mixed up with other
bats calls (cool right?) One little brown bat can eat up to about 1,000 mosquitoes in a night!

That is a cute picture. I am glad God made bats because mosquitoes are a huge drag!! I once saw a bat really close up because it chose to sleep in the corner of our window. Was really cool since we could see the top of it and through the window we could see the bottom. I had a bat fly at me this summer while I was painting in our house - it really freaked me out. I guess I should have reminded myself he was just eating mosquitoes :-) Do they eat moths or are they too big for them?
ReplyDeleteThey can eat moths to! Your right God is really creative to.
ReplyDelete