Pages

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Reindeer

Reindeer. Just the thing to post for this season! Lots of people don't know very much about them.
For instance both male and female reindeer have antlers but males lose theirs in winter and females don't.
Male reindeer lose most of their body fat in winter and females don't. I've heard of an albino reindeer,
but I won't show its pic because I don't have one. They eat lichen, which is a slow growing plant. Sometimes it grows under snow and on trees. To find lichen, reindeer have a good sense of smell.
And when they find it they dig it up to eat. Here is the picture.  He he!

5 comments:

  1. Hi sweet girlie! This is mom. This was a fun post. I am learning a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mary, I really enjoyed reading about reindeer & learned many things I didn't know... Maybe this Grandma can still learn! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Mary! Great informative post :-)

    ReplyDelete