Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Platypus

When the platypus was first discovered, scientists thought it was a beaver that someone had sewn a duck bill on the beaver.
But its just the way God made them. I don't know much about them really, but I can tell  you one thing..
Did you know that a platypus has a 6'th sense? The platypus closes its nostrils and its eyes and its ears and it doesn't open its mouth when it swims. So how does it find food?
Well the platypus uses its sixth sense to sense its food!
Woah woah woah! I never told you what the 6th sense was! Its like an electric thing that it uses to scan the river its in and an electric thing shows when prey moves its muscles.
Oh! And platypus are one of the only mammals that lay eggs! Here is a quick picture of this interesting animal.


3 comments:

  1. So it's 6th sense is kind of Bill-t in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary, I never knew that about this strange creature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that is a very interesting animal - from its sixth sense, to its egg laying and odd looks! I am continually amazed at how awesome God made all animals - and how diverse!

    ReplyDelete